Home » Reflections

Reflections

Mid-term Reflection

This approach to the study of writing has taught me different types of language terms such as rhetorical situation, genre, tone, purpose, etc. These terms have assisted me in various methods to think of a concept by writing essays that are related to the topic. My knowledge of writing a rhetorical essay has been maximized and has conveyed a clear sense of thinking regarding a topic. Classifying my opinions about a rhetorical essay, everyone must acknowledge the main terms of writing and remember the way to start an essay.

Before coming to CCNY, my knowledge was in between concise and wordy in terms of writing. There were several terms I’d never learned back in high school, and I was including enough information in an essay. After looking at my essay, I noticed that enough information would make the essay weak and unclear. When realizing the mistake, I began thinking about the issues that were made, and I resolved them. Thus, my essays in the future became concise and clear, based on what my teachers had told me. Therefore, a few words will build an essay stronger and understandable to the reader.

After coming to CCNY, my knowledge of writing has been influenced positively. This course taught me the fact of various terms and has assisted me out to build a goal regarding the writing process. Everyone who writes a rhetorical essay must think about these writing terms and then to think about the topic. For instance, when I was writing my rhetorical essay in this course, I was focused on the main terms of writing a concise and well-written essay. Thus, I defined all the writing strategies together to come up with a clear and certain language bases-essay.

In conclusion, these writing terms contain a positive impact in my daily life which has helped me to keep my writing skills brief and clear. Thinking about these terms of writing can teach us the fact that anything we do will assist us positively in other classes as well. Everybody must pursue these skills to maximize their level of writing. Therefore, everyone must be aware and open-minded to motivate themselves and improve their understanding higher.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Post-Essay Reflection

After writing the inquiry-based research essay, my level of writing has been maximized and improved since August. Over this time, this class has taught me knowledge of writing by reflecting on the main points and the connection between my topic and the audience. Some writing prompts I’ve learned are tone, genre, purpose, language, etc. These prompts to assist the writer by combining several ideas to build a strong essay. Providing sources is one of the most interesting prompts we must remember, especially when writing a research paper. This may prove that our thesis is supported based on the evidence we research online and the sources we’re able to include. Being able to understand the sources we find online, we may describe the credibility of the author and the tone they use in the article. The genre is used to discuss the source we find on a certain website and tell whether it’s a reliable source or not. Another aspect that everyone must remember when writing a research essay is called synthesis. Synthesis is when comparing our ideas and ideas from the research sources to form a big concept. Synthesis has helped me out to organize and customize all the information I included on my research paper to make my essay strong and clear. Synthesis is one of the most important aspects that everyone must acknowledge in terms of writing which will keep them mentally aware and open-minded when writing an essay. Another aspect that assisted me to write my research paper is called peer review. Peer review is the formation of work when people join as a group to share ideas. This aspect has helped me out to converse my thoughts regarding my paper with my classmates and they share their feedback. Keeping this in mind, other people’s responses have helped me out to organize and include several thoughts in my essay, which makes it much more reliable. Therefore, these writing aspects have assisted me to improve my writing level and motivate me when it comes to a research process. In my opinion, these aspects would help me out for future essays and anything related to writing.

Final Reflection

This class has taught me many things, which have increased my level in terms of writing and reading. The group works and analysis are the main sources that have helped me write stronger and reliable essays throughout the semester. There are several rhetorical terms we went over as a class, which have assisted me to improve my writing and reading skills when discussing a topic. In this case, there are only two rhetorical terms that are the most interesting to me. These rhetorical terms are genre and audience. I focused on forming two genres for my project to influence my audience positively, which was one of my strategies to use for my paper. Making these two genres has taught the fact that anyone would view my genres publicly because they’ll be posted online, and my audience would observe the formation of two genres. I chose my audience to be someone who is related to my topic so that anyone would absorb information regarding the paper. This conveys that my paper would be clear and understandable to the readers. Being able to understand the effects of writing may lead the writer to better gain and improve our level of writing and reading. In order to keep all the skills about writing, we must practice writing research essays and prepare for our future writing. Thus, everyone must be aware and open-minded when writing research papers by remembering all the skills they gained from classes. Overall, I would still keep my understanding for future writing so that I could be knowledgeable and aware of any essay that may appear later.